Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thank You

When my photography teacher introduced the National Geographic Student Expedition trip to our class none of the student paid mind to it. All they said was no, it is to expensive. But then she said we can get a full paid scholarship to go. I jumped on that opportunity as soon as she mentioned it.I told myself just to take time and fill out the applications. I mean it doesn't hurt just to try. Don't get me wrong I didn't get my hopes us just in case I didn't get the scholarship I wouldn't be disappointed. I didn't hear from the results in quite a while so I put the trip behind me. Until one day in class my teacher gave us the lesson for the day and added a little something extra "Oh one more thing Betty is going to Africa. You got the scholarship!" It took me a while to figure out it was me Betty who she was talking about. I didn't know what to say and what to expect. The months to come were all about preparing for the most life changing experience ever. Ill admit I was scared going to a different continent with complete strangers. But I want to take the time to thank everyone who made this trip one I would never forget. Thanks to all the students who were part of this trip. You were all very friendly and fun to be around. Yall did the silliest things sometimes. And you all encouraged me to overcome my fear and spider climb the mountain. I am truly going to miss all of you, and thank you all for making this trip 10 times more fun than what i expected. I wish you all the best. I also want to thank the teachers and the leaders. Without them all the kids would be lost. Thank you for keeping us safe and looking out for us. Im sure we were a handful but you all love us. I want to also thank a very special family. Thank you for reaching out and offering to help me. My mom cried so much that day. She wishes you all the best and sends you all many blessings. I really cannot thank you enough for everything that you have done! I will always keep you all in my prayers. Last but not least I would like to thank National Geographic for the scholarship. This trip was amazing. There is no words to describe what I saw, what I heard, the smells, the sunset and sunrise. It was all so beautiful. I will carry those memories with me forever. This trip changed the way I view life. I learned to appreciate everything I have. I value my family, especially my mom now more than ever. I cant describe how much I have grown and learned. Thank you all for this wonderful unforgettable trip ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment